The first inhabitants and the Roman invasion left important marks of their presence.
With the Iron Age , in 1000-2000 BC, started to appear the first hilltop settlements.
During the High Middle Ages the churches of Llamas and S. Vicente de Serrapio (where we still can see a tablet dedicated to the Roman god Jupiter made by ancient asture clans) were built.
The legends and some chronicles say that in Pelugano was born Lady Urraca in 1132, illegitimate daughter of the king Alfonso VII, who was later queen of Navarra.
From the end of the XV century, Aller had jurisdiction over its own territory, being its capital Collanzo.
Arround 1808, in the fields of Miravalles, the people from Aller fought against the French invaders. And by 1869 the capital city was moved to Cabañaquinta.
Gradually, during the XIX century, the council changed from a rural to an industrial economy.
By 1892, the minig-coal- explotation was started in Coto Aller, which will have a very important role in the social and economic development of the council.
During the XX century, the coal-mining crisis of the eighties, the survival of the small farming and livestock explotations, as well as the importance of the services industry, make the present day of Aller.